AEC Noticeboards The AEC NOTICEBOARDS
ADVERTS • PHOTOS • DISCUSSION
Celebrating the products of AEC Southall Ltd, most famous as builder of London's buses.

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:08 pm 

Does anyone have a spare air distribution valve for the Mk 1 Militant going spare and for sale?? This is the one that mounts on the rear cross member behind the axles and splits the air feed to the two axles as in the photo:

Mine is leaking air constantly from the relief valve and I would like to get a spare, overhaul that if needed and then do a 1 for 1 swap rather than taking the one I have off and leaving the air system exposed to atmosphere for a week or more (I live about 90 minutes drive from where the vehicle is stored).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:48 pm 

Bumped.
According to the ISPL (Army publication code 22084) the description is "Valve Assembly, Relay A.P. Brake".
AEC part number is 5006-446.
Army part number is LV6MT9/2530-99-802-4900.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:40 pm 

. You should be able to acquire a basic modern relay valve, the problem will be port sizes and locations, but since by the looks of the pipes you are going to have to replumb anyway that will not matter. In the meantime just acquire unions to blank off the pipes. You will find that genuine AEC style olives are no longer available so all pipework is a headache these days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:11 am 

Good news for the start of the year!!
Looks like I found a supplier of the brake valves I need - e-mailed a firm called Erentek (www.erentek.co.uk) and they replied saying they can get them for £126 inc. carriage and VAT. Takes a week to get them in so I have one on order and as soon as it arrives will get it fitted. I can then take the old girl out and get back in to the swing of double declutching after all these years. And strip the old valve down and refurb it for use as a spare :-)