AEC Noticeboards The AEC NOTICEBOARDS
ADVERTS • PHOTOS • DISCUSSION
Celebrating the products of AEC Southall Ltd, most famous as builder of London's buses.

It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:21 pm 

hi can anyone tell me the date of manufacture of 0853 10364 for dvla regstration thanks , neil.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 pm 

Neil, Your Matador is Ex RAF registration no. 73AV16 and probably built in 1952.

The AEC Build Sheet for this vehicle is almost certainly in the records at the British Commercial Vehicle Museum in Leyland Lancs, and a copy should be available for a modest fee from them.

This document has enabled me to register my own and many other Matadors over the last 25 years.

I hope this helps, but you will have to move quickly to get it registered and taxed with an age related number at your local DVLA office, as the Government has announced the closure of these facilities. All enquiries after this action will be on line or via post to Swansea.

Regards, Martyn Callaghan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 am 

hi martyn, thank,s for that . the matador is indeed raf and had a generator jp4 lister diesel in it, i have also got the genny ,if you have any more info on this type of vehicle it would be great .the body is type p mark 2 and the contract no is 6/vehs/9840/cb27 a serial no 3933 any help is much appriciated, thanks again neil.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:17 pm 

I've been trying to get the same thing for my Matador (853145) aswell, but can't get any response from the Leyland Museum - I emailed, and got no reply, so phoned a couple of months later, and was told to send an email to request the information, so I emailed again and got no response. I have even sent an email via their online shop, and didn't get a response from that either. What method have you used to get a response from the Museum, as they don't seem particularly helpful :( Have you had an success with these methods of contact, or do they respond to letters, or do you have to go in person, as it's a long way away from where I live. I don't need the info to register mine, as it is already registered, but I'd like to get details on when it was actually built.

Any suggestions?

Nick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 am 

hi nick,i am told they are only about on a monday untill they reopen at the end of march.i have had no reply either,neil.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm 

Nick, unfortunately the Chassis Build Sheets for the first 600 Matadors went missing when the AEC factory closed. You should still be able to get an age related number from your local DVLA office in exchange for your 'V' registration if you take some photographs to show them.
Your original petrol engined Matador was probably built in late 1939/early 1940 and like all these early vehicles was built with air over hydraulic brakes, 6.25 diffs and the flat top cab with flared wings.
Please post a photograph of this most interesting vehicle.
Regards, Martyn Callaghan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 pm 

hi i am new to the forum and i need help finding out the reg and year of build etc of my matador so i can get the log book the chassis number is 08532420 and the vehicle number is WD92YY96 . any help would be greatly appreciated ! .
many thanks,ben

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am 

Ben check your PM's